[Cost effectiveness of telemedicine].
Demographic development in Germany will lead to increasing health care costs. Telemedicine is believed to have the potential to generate cost savings and therefore to reduce the expected increase in health care costs. This publication reviews the relevant literature, presenting the results of available studies, describing the problems involved in performing appropriate studies, and examining solutions.
- [Telemedicine for heart failure, diabetes and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease].
- [Mission (im)possible: Setting up a neurological center 12,000 km away with telemedicine].
- [The Role of Psychological and Technology-related Personality Traits and Knowledge Levels as Factors Influencing Adoption of Telemonitoring by Medical Professionals].
- Economic Evaluation of Telemedicine for Patients in ICUs.
- mHealth Sensors Can Promote Behavior Change and Reduce Healthcare Costs.