Managing immune diseases in the smartphone era: how have apps impacted disease management and their future?
Immunology, similar to other areas of clinical science, is a data-rich discipline that involves a great deal of interaction between healthcare professionals and their patients. The focus of this editorial is to review the challenges and opportunities for mobile healthcare applications within immunology. It is clear that further research is required to fully maximize the potential of mobile apps (e.g., regulations and guidelines, electronic health). However, it is equally clear that mobile healthcare applications have had a positive impact on patient outcomes (better response rates, more efficient usage of time and more accurate diagnosis). Overall, healthcare applications have a fundamental role to play in the future management of diseases as they will help to ensure that we deliver more effective patient care.
- Allergy and Asthma Care in the Mobile Phone Era.
- Is diagnosing cancer with a smartphone in our future?
- Improvement in Asthma Control Using a Minimally Burdensome and Proactive Smartphone Application.
- Teledermatology: from historical perspective to emerging techniques of the modern era: part II: Emerging technologies in teledermatology, limitations and future directions.
- Mobile health and Parkinson: what is the future?