Pediatric Telehealth: Opportunities and Challenges.
This article examines the current role of telehealth as a tool in the delivery of pediatric health care. It defines telemedicine and telehealth and provides an overview of different types of telehealth services. The article then explores the potential of telehealth to improve pediatric health care quality and safety through increased access to care, enhanced communication, expanded educational opportunities, and better resource utilization. It also discusses current challenges to the implementation of telehealth, including technological, financial, and licensing barriers, as well as provider, patient, and legal concerns.
- Telehealth: Applications From a Legal and Regulatory Perspective.
- New directions in eHealth communication: opportunities and challenges.
- Education and training to support the use of clinical telehealth: A review of the literature.
- A scoping review of telehealth.
- Consumer Health Informatics: Past, Present, and Future of a Rapidly Evolving Domain.