[Telemedicine in dermatological practice: teledermatology].
Technological advances in the fields of information and telecommunication technologies have affected the health care system in the last decades, and lead to the emergence of a new discipline: telemedicine. The appearance and rise of internet and smart phones induced a rapid progression in telemedicine. Several new applications and mobile devices are published every hour even for medical purposes. Parallel to these changes in the technical fields, medical literature about telemedicine has grown rapidly. Due to its visual nature, dermatology is ideally suited to benefit from this new technology and teledermatology became one of the most dynamically evolving fields of telemedicine by now. Teledermatology is not routinely practiced in Hungary yet, however, it promises the health care system to become better, cheaper and faster, but we have to take notice on the experience and problems faced in teledermatologic applications so far, summarized in this review.
- [Support of diabetes dietary management and self-management using mobile applications].
- Quality of life: a research gap in teledermatology.
- Telemedicine and teledermatology: Past, present and future.
- [Overview of teledermatology in low-resource settings].
- Mobile teledermatology for skin tumour screening.